January 27, 2013

Grey Days To Glimmering


{ Kellie at Accordion to Kellie is having a blog party to get us out of the wintertime blues! Click over and join in. :) And since I didn't do the Wednesday Hodgepodge last week, I thought this might be fun. }

1) What's your favorite thing to do when you've been feeling uninspired?

Most probably read a book. That seems to be what I do with any free time I have.


2) Tell us about a really great movie/show that you've just discovered.

Ah, I haven't discovered anything recently. I know, boring, boring, boring! What can I say?


3) What do you like to do to change your mood?

Find something to do. Get my mind off whatever is bring me down. Either by reading a book, getting online and finding new blogs, or find a project I can do for someone else. Doing for someone else is always a good thing. :)


4) Your favorite drink is currently...

Hot tea. I recently tried Starbucks Orange Blossom hot tea and really like it. But I'm quite fond of any citrusy-flavored tea.


5) When you hear the word exuberant, what's the first word that comes to mind?

Happy!


6) What made you smile last?

 Hearing a southern accent this morning. Some of my extended family is in town this weekend and it's so good to hear that VA accent again! I miss it. :D


7) What five songs would make a playlist to describe your week?

I'm going to cheat and only post two. Last week, with not feeling well and concern for mom, I spent a great deal of time thinking about my parents and thinking about home. :)

A. 'Home'. I wrote about it on this post yesterday.

B. 'Promises' by Sanctus Real. Concern about my mother, who's having some struggles right now, made me listen to this one several times this week.





8) What's at the top of your creative 'To-Do' list?

I'm not really very creative in general, but I'd like to get some sewing done soon. Sewing of dresses I mean. From a pattern! Here's hoping anyway. Because I love new clothes. (Yes, I am very much a girl.)


9) The last thing you crossed off the above list was...

 Writing my annual Christmas poem.


10)  Quickly - the first movie quote from the top of your head, please!

 "So goodnight dear void." (from You've Got Mail)


11)  The best thing about January is...

 It's a new year and a brand new start! Everything's new and you have a clean slate.


12) The worst thing about January is...

 Where on earth did the last year go? Why is time flying by so fast?


13) What's your #1 resolution for 2013?

 To become a little bit more braver. To step out of my comfort zone and roar at my fears! (Even if it's just a tiny roar.)


14)  And lastly, share a quote or verse that you've found especially inspiring lately.

I have two to share because I couldn't choose between them. They are both currently on my bathroom mirror so I see them every morning. :)

 "I'm keeping watch from my particular dark, with my question marks and anxieties and messy middles, praying for eyes to see what is the already and faith to wait for the not yet." ~Sara Zarr
"I wonder about me, too. About that gap between who I am and who I could be-or maybe should be-and I peer across this gap and suck in my breath cuz, ooh boy, I can not jump that far. But...that's where I believe grace comes in. Grace comes in, not to sweep me up and set me on the other side, the side where I'm right and perfect and never screw up. Nuh-uh. It comes in to say hey, so you're a little damaged, so what? I can work with that." ~Shari Green



Toodle-loo kangaroos! What's inspiring you this week?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kara! You know it's silly but I didn't think Starbucks sold tea--which is crazy because duh, of course they would--I guess I always have coffee/frapps/caramel apple cider on the mind when I go there. I will have to try the tea though sometime now that you recommend it!

    I think January is one of those months where I'm like constantly amazed that it is in fact "january" and OMG, another year older and I'm still single and childless haha It's all good though. I love new beginnings and January always fills me with excitement for all the possibilities.

    IT was fun getting to know a little bit more about you!

    Love the Kangaroo art too :))

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanine! :) I got a Starbucks giftcard for christmas and I don't drink coffee. What do I do?! Needless to say, I was quite glad to realize they had hot tea. It was wonderful! I hope you enjoy it, although perhaps you're like me and always get the same thing at food and drink places? I'm not very adventurous when it comes to edible things. :D

      Yes, I totally get what you mean about January's. I'm in the same place you are and sometimes wonder what on earth I'm doing. Actually, make that a lot of times. I never know what I'm doing. But new beginnings is always a good thing. I certainly seem to need one every single day myself.

      Thanks for stopping by! Oh, and a good friend drew that pic of the kangaroo for me. I thought she did a fabulous job. :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent! Your 'hearing southern accents' made me laugh out loud. I'm in Texas so I can't get away from them! I love the word exuberant. That's a fantastic word. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! :D When I lived in VA, I never thought anything about accents. But since moving away, I'm finding I miss it and enjoy going back on visits and hearing it again. It's probably just that I'm getting way too sentimental and nostalgic the older I get. :D

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed that song and video... only now I miss sunshine and dress-wearing weather. :-)
    Which reminds me, good luck with your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Every weekend I think I should totally do that sewing now, and it has yet to happen. Sigh. :) And I miss sunshine too! It's been a nice getting to wear a new scarf that I love, but I'm ready for spring now.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...