July 11, 2016

Bite-Sized Reviews :: Edition Twenty-One

Hello there, my lovelies! Guess what? More mini reviews for your reading pleasure! Aren't you so excited? I just knew you would be.

Okay, okay. Enough with the sarcasm, huh? :)

Anyhoo! Still getting caught up with my reviews. I hope I'm not overwhelming y'all with all these, but a blogger/reviewer has got to do what a blogger/reviewer has got to do! I always tend to read escapist type stories, ones that are more fluffy than hardcore. And right now, for the past couple months, that's definitely what I've been veering towards! So, these are fun books, nothing extraordinary or AMAZING, but great reads nonetheless. Onwards!


28669109
First Light by Michele Paige Holmes
As a fan of stories based on fairytales, the synopsis of this one intrigued me. And I really enjoyed it! It feels like a mashup of a bunch of fairytales, yet with lots of original ideas as well. Which sounds a bit crazy probably, but somehow it all worked. I was swept into Adrielle's plight from the very beginning and spent the rest of the story avidly turning pages to find out what would happen next. The fairytale elements are lots of fun, the romance is pretty adorable, and there were several little twists I was not expecting. My only qualm was that much of the chaos could have been prevented had the adults been more adult and actually communicated with Adrielle! Still, I liked this a great deal and definitely recommend it. :)


22494161
Summer by Summer by Heather Burch
I admit it took a few chapters before I really got into the story, the beginning is a little rough around the edges. But once Summer and Bray were on the island, I settled in and enjoyed. There were still a few moments where transitions weren't as smooth as I'd like, but the sweetness of the romance overpowered those. The cute of the story is the relationship between these two seemingly opposite people. I loved how kind and loving Bray was towards Summer, especially once she explained her past. They have a bit of insta-love in their attraction, but I could overlook it based on their adorableness together. And were they ever adorable! :) This is a sweet and fluffy story, where even the tension-filled moments never feel quite as life and death as they're supposed to be. It's just a fun summertime read!


27422154
A Star to Steer By by Mary Jane Hathaway
More shenanigans overtop By the Book! That bookstore (and apartments above) seems to have a magic about it that can bring people together. (Helped by Alice and Paul, of course. ;) I absolutely loved catching up with Andy again! And he and Roxie were so perfect together. Take a mutual love of Dante, add in a dash of attraction, a sprinkle of family confusion on both sides, and a whole lot of charm, and you end up with a really sweet story about two people finding each other very unexpectedly. Both characters have family obligations that are hard, which is where the story really struck a chord with me. Plus I just really loved watching Andy and Roxie fall in love, what can I say? I'm a romantic at heart and these two were adorable.


26309261
Kiss the Bride by Melissa McClone, Robin Lee Hatcher, & Kathryn Springer
All three stories are plenty cute and fun, full of funny moments and sweet moments. My favorite was Love on a Deadline though. Something about Mac and Ethan just drew me in and made me swoon over them several times! :) Yet all three are well worth your time. When you're in need of a quick and delightful love story to while away an hour or two, I definitely recommend these novellas!




25855506
Adulthood is a Myth by Sarah Andersen
This little book of Ms. Andersen's artwork is absolutely delightful! I've been a fan of her work for quite some time now and was excited when I learned she was publishing a book. So much truth in each short comic strip. She is able to capture all the unknowns and frustrations and craziness, and even the wonderful moments, that take place in adulthood (if there is such a thing, right? :). I saw myself SO many times! If you haven't seen her work, then make haste and find you a copy of this! You won't be disappointed.




4 comments:

  1. I need light fluffy books! I can't focus on anything deep lately. I want to read that Sarah Scribbles book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: I'm having trouble focusing on anything deep right now myself. You should definitely find a copy of Sarah's book! It's hilarious!

      Delete
  2. Escapism reads are my favorite! There are other kinds of books!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi: Ha! So I hear? Maybe? I will have to do more research and get back to you on that. ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...