March 14, 2017

30 Days of Books :: Day 19


Here I am again! And here you are, reading my posts still. Thank you, dearest reader! :)

{many thanks to Jenni for the idea}

Day 19: Favorite book turned into a movie.

Since it says "favorite book...", I think I'll have to go with The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien! I admit that the first book that came to mind was Austenland by Shannon Hale, but as I LOVE the movie so much more than the actual book, I decided it, sadly, wouldn't fit this criteria. So Tolkien it is! :)

Image result for the lord of the rings
via
I haven't watched the movies in ages, but they remain some of my very favorites. And I absolutely loved the books when I read them a couple years ago! While I haven't made the time to watch them since I read the series, I'm sure there are definitely differences between the two (there always are). In fact, I seem to recall thinking "I don't remember this scene being in the movie!" while I was reading. Even so, I do think that the movies are exceptionally well cast and wonderful to watch. I think a rewatch needs to be in my near future, don't you?




3 comments:

  1. Yes! These were a great adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these are great adaptations of the books. I enjoyed the books immensely, but I did like the condensed version of things in the movies (e.g. no Tom Bombadil). Good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...